It could be, that your morning bowl of oatmeal gives you a spike in your blood glucose levels. What can you do, in terms of experimenting yourself?
See also our article on limiting your blood glucose levels.
Some practical examples how to engineer your favorite dish:
- Change the portion size
- Add some different, or less fruits
- Swap honey, for a different sweetening agent (or learn how to eat less sweet)
- Try the meal on different times of the day. Your 'breakfast' might not be the best meal to 'break your fast' after a night sleep
- Add fats, like nuts or peanut butter
- Change the milk in your dish with almond milk, coconut milk, and so on.
- In a 'hotchpot' (stamppot), change potato by sweet potato, or perhaps mashed cauliflower